Older workers have prove to be driven, willing, wise and talented - bringing value added to their workplaces. Yet, they face unique challenges in the job market.
The tough economy has made it more difficult for them to find employment, particularly when additional barriers to success exist. Our Mature Worker Program is structured to uniquely address the challenges that these older workers face.
The goal of the program is to place program participants in part-time community service training positions that enhance their skills, build their confidence, rebuild their job history, and enable them to transition into unsubsidized employment.
We work with approximately 120 organizations throughout Essex County. Our participants provide more than 400,000 hours of valuable community service to these organizations annually. To date, ULEC’s MWP program has served more than 1,500 participants.
Among the successes of the program, employed participants demonstrate a 90% retention rate after job placement.
Advantages for Employers:
- Simplified hiring and training processes
- A pool of qualified participants to train your way
- Participants are pre-screened and matched to your specifications and job description
- Participation may qualify your company for workforce investment tax credits
For more information, contact Ms. Frazier at Afrazier@ulec.org or 973-624-9535, x267
For Job Seekers:
- The program serves residents of Essex County who are 55 years of age and older, unemployed and have low-incomes.
- Participants are placed with nonprofit, government, or public organizations where they gain valuable work experience.
- During their assignments, participants receive a stipend for a maximum of twenty hours a week.
- On average, participants train for a minimum of 27 months and a maximum of 48 months.
- The goal of the program is to place participants in unsubsidized employment that pays a living wage or better.
For more information, contact:
Ms. Joanna Martinez at Jmartinez@ulec.org or 973-624-9535, x272.